As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19), Ankle & Foot Associates, LLC, would like to provide an update of how our office plans on moving forward in the growing concerns about COVID-19, and what we all need to consider to remain healthy. We are still closely monitoring the recommendations given concerning COVID-19 from the US. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the updates from our state and local public health authorities.
Our Office Operation
Our Tifton office will be closed from March 23 – March 27 and our Valdosta office will be closed March 25 - 27. At this time all other offices will remain open and will operate with limited staffing and limited patient volume to subscribe to the social distance recommendation.
Please review the following answers to possible patient/parent questions and concerns about COVID-19 in our office:
- We are asking patients who feel ill, or may have any symptoms of a cold or flu to please reschedule their appointmentswith our office until their symptoms have subsided. We will also ask the same if any patient feels they have been at risk of exposure to the virus.
- We are asking our team members to follow these same precautions. Any team member will be asked to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms or feel they may have been at risk.
- We're also focusing on the utmost cleanliness of our reception and consultation areas, in addition to clinical treatment areas. These areas will be disinfected throughout the day, as is feasible.
- Only one family member or caregiver may accompany the patient to their appointment, and please don’t bring any children with you, unless they are here for treatment. All patients must attend the treatment area by themselves. Please contact us if this is an issue or concern.
- We plan to implement TeleVisit services. To request this service please contact our office at (912) 283-6471. We would also like to suggest that it may bea good time to reschedule all non-essential appointments(i.e., routine checks, observation visits, and minor toenail and foot care). Also, if you feel more comfortable rescheduling your appointment until more information is available, we would be happy to accommodate this for you as well.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any urgent care needs.
The Team at Ankle & Foot Associates, LLC