Moore Balance Brace
- Stabilizes the foot in the presence of weakness and fatigue.
- Provides ankle support, improving balance and helps avoid falls by reducing postural sway
- Improves foot clearance reducing the risk of tripping
- Easy to put on and remove
- Exceptionally light-weight
What is the Moore Balance Brace (MBB) ?
The Moore Balance Brace is a doctor prescribed, custom made ankle foot orthosis (AFO) designed to fit easily into shoes.
How does it work?
The custom orthosis provides arch support and midfoot stability while allowing the forefoot & toes to be anchored for increased balance. It is part of a long-term solution to be used in combination with a Comprehensive Fall Risk Protocol which may include physical and occupational therapy, strength training, medication review, annual foot exams and footwear evaluations.
Am I a good candidate to benefit from the Moore Balance Brace?
Are you at risk for falling?
- Have you fallen in the past?
- Do you have arthritis in your feet or ankles?
- Do your legs or ankles feel weak or unsteady?
- Do you drag your feet, stumble or shuffle when walking?
- Do you find it necessary to grasp stationary objects, like walls / furniture / rails, to gain balance when walking?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, you may have a balance problem that could be improved with the use of the Moore Balance Brace.
Does insurance cover the Moore Balance Brace?
The MBB is covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare and Medicaid, when used to treat conditions associated with risk factors for falls.